Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The pleasures of gaming!!

Even normally. my blogs are very erratic and infrequent but now I think it is even more so.. and there is a very good reason for it..

That is of course that I have now acquired a PC built solely for the purpose of gaming.. within some budgetary constraints of course.. my comp doesnt have the latest dual display adapter "SLI" technology but it packs enough of a punch to run todays games smoothly and thats saying a lot!!

Heres the config.. budget gamers.. take note..

  • Intel P4 3.0 GHz (2MB L2) with xtended 64 bit memory (save Rs. 2k by going for same chip @ 2.8GHz)
  • 512 MB DDR RAM @ 400 MHz (save Rs. 1k by going for 333MHz RAM)
  • 200 GB SATA HDD (save Rs. 3k by going for 120 GB non-SATA disk)
  • Intel 915G MB (u can only get a better board than this.. so if u want one.. it will ADD to ur bill!!)
  • DVD Writer - sony (save Rs. 1.5k go for DVD\CDRW combo)
  • nVidia 6200 wTurbocache Technology (this is the best bet for budget gamers - if u have money to splurge, choose 2 7800 cards with SLI tech!!)
  • Creative 4.1 surround speakers (save Rs. 3k by choosing 2,1 speakers, add Rs. 1.5k for 5.1 speakers and REAL surround sound!!)
  • UPS (absolutely essential!!)
  • 17" Flat CRT Monitor (save Rs. 2k for 15" flat - add Rs. 10k for TFT monitor)

    thats it.. choose a proper table/chair combo to go with this.. nad you are all set for full entertainment :) It cost me abt 43k.. so u have an estimate now..

    Which is what I did, now I am enjoying abt 5-6 hours of gaming everyday and it jacks up to even 12-14 in the weekends!! Of course, this means that all my other work (whether planned or current)suffers but who cares !!!
  • 5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm not a serious gamer, but I know how addictive it can get. Your obsession, because I know you are this way, comes as little surprise.

    Anonymous said...

    that 5-6 hrs includes the time u sleep?? ;)

    Anand K said...

    nope.. sleep is always min 7.5 - 8 hrs!!

    TD5M4PP3R said...

    Awesome man !! Great system config. Raja's also told me what an avid gamer you are...

    Marc said...

    Awesome config. Mine's not a gaming PC at the insistence of my dad but I did what I could to make it last a little.

    P4 2.4 GHz Prescott (1MB L2 Cache)
    256 MB DDR RAM
    GeForce FX 5200

    My system takes a beating running the latest games. For example, Hitman Blood Money is unplayable with all option turned down. NFS Most Wanted is barely playable with everything turned off.

    I need to upgrade desperately!